Choose Your Client’s Vinyl Siding Colors With Home Designer 2.0
You’re doing a new build or exterior home makeover for a client, and your client has wisely chosen vinyl siding as their exterior finish of choice — now it’s time to choose the vinyl siding colors.
Like many decisions that involve home finishes, choosing vinyl siding colors, trim and accents can be one of the most overwhelming and stressful decisions a homeowner will have to make. The outside of a home is the first thing people see. It is no surprise that a home’s curb appeal is a huge deal and can affect the overall impression of the house.
Most importantly, a home’s exterior colors and finishes can have a significant effect on its resale value. Curb appeal is essential when selling a home and poor curb appeal will exclude certain buyers from even looking at the home. Those who do look will discount the value.
Key Things to Consider When Deciding on The Exterior Color of a Home:
- The architectural style of the home. Especially historical colors in that region if the building is of a certain historical era.
- The client’s personal tastes. This will be one of the biggest determining factors as the homeowner must ultimately be happy with the end result.
- The home’s surroundings and natural setting; the home should blend in comfortably even if the colors chosen are bold.
As a home builder or remodeler, your clients will often look to you for advice and suggestions on their exterior finishes. Given the magnitude of the decision, you’ll want to engage the homeowner in the selection of their vinyl siding colors. Looking at tiny color swatches or material samples does not help clients visualize what the overall end result will look like. This is especially true when combining different colors or materials. Searching online for ideas can be helpful, but often it’s difficult to find the exact combination of the right home architecture, siding style, color, trim and accents.
How can you make it an easier and more collaborative process for your clients? Show them! Let them see exactly what the vinyl siding colors and trim will look like on their own home using our innovative Home Designer 2.0.
Home Designer 2.0 empowers homeowners by allowing them to choose the vinyl siding styles, colors, trim and accents.
Begin by having your client browse through the vinyl siding colors. Click on the color swatch to see suggested color combinations for trim and accents. Your clients can make a list of the main colors they like.
Next, have the homeowner use Home Designer 2.0 to try out these colors on a picture of their actual house or a similar design from our sample images.
- Have your client upload a picture of their home (or blueprint) or, select one of our sample images of a home closest to their design.
- Once loaded, apply KP’s siding, trims, and accessories and colors. With just the click of the mouse you can instantly change styles and colors.
- Finally, clients can print their unique design as a blueprint for their project.
We’ve made it easy to design and visualize your remodeling or new construction projects.
Try Home Designer 2.0 now and use the handy help tool that will guide you step-by-step through the design process.